Tromso International filmfestival 2013, report by Santosh Pathare, India
I take this opportunity to thank Tromso International Film Festival, Ms.Martha Otte, Festival Director, Colleagues from IFFS and FFSI for selecting me as one of the jury member of FICC. It was enriching experience for me to interact with other learned jury members, Mr.Odd-Arild Knutsen, Norway and Ms.Tea Gabidzashvili, Georgia. My colleague jury members were friendly, courteous and were serious about the responsibility assigned to them.
The following eleven International films were screened and given to the committee for judgment:
1) Camille Rewinds [France/ 2012/ Dir : Noemic Lvovsky]
2) Filmistan [ India/ 2012/ Dir :Nitin Kakkar]
3) In the Fog [ Russia /2012 / Dir : Sergey Loznitsa]
4) In the House [ France/ 2012/ Dir: Francois Ozon]
5) How to make money selling Drugs [USA/2012/ Dir: Mathew Cooke]
6) Leviathan [France/2012/ Dir: Lucien Castaing-Taylor Verena Paravel]
7) Lore [ Australia / 2012/ Dir :Cate Shortland]
8) Nade [Germany/ 2012/ Dir :Mathias Glasner]
9) Once upon a time was I, Veronica [Brazil/ 2012/Dir: Marcelo Gomes]
10) Tabu [ Portugal/ 2012/ Dir : Miguel Gomes]
11) The woodsman & the rain [Japan/ 2011/ Dir :Suichi Okita]
After viewing all the films we, jury members met on 19th 2013 at 12 noon and discussed about each film for the final selection of FICC, The Don Quixote Prize, keeping in view of various aspects in selection of a movie such as its contemporary contexts, cinematic excellence etc. Keeping the above points in view it was unanimously decided by the committee to select for the Don Quixote Prize the following film In the House [Original title :- Dans La Maison] [France/ 2012/ Dir: Francois Ozon/ Duration : 1hr 45 mins] The film explores the theme of present era, in which the moral & ethical values are at stake. The story is told in a humorous, ironical and provocative way that engage the viewers and allow them to introspect.
All the three jury members have singed the citation & the copy was handed over to Festival director. I would once again like to thank all my friends and colleagues.
Santosh Pathare 20/1/2013